This course focuses on using mathematics effectively, efficiently and critically to make informed decisions. It provides students with the mathematical knowledge, skills and understanding to solve problems in real contexts for a range of workplace, personal, further learning and community settings.
This course provides the opportunity for students to prepare for post-school options of employment and further training.
The Mathematics Essential General course aims to develop students’ capacity, disposition and confidence to:
• understand concepts and techniques drawn from mathematics and statistics
• solve applied problems using concepts and techniques drawn from mathematics and statistics
• use reasoning and interpretive skills in mathematical and statistical contexts
• communicate in a concise and systematic manner using appropriate mathematical and statistical language
• choose and use technology appropriately.
Year 12 - Mathematics Essentials – General Course Code GTMAE
© 2017 Mindarie Senior College