In Week 8 of Term 3, the College held its annual ‘Arts Week’ with Visual Art, Media Productions, Photography, Drama, Dance and Music students showcasing their talents.
The week started on Monday, 7 September with the Visual Art exhibition featuring our Year 12 graduate students’ artwork. Congratulations to all our exhibitors for a fantastic display of work.
The following awards were presented: Acquisition Award – Lily Redding & Isla Brazier, College Greeting Card – Kayla Bennett
Mr Mark Folkard MLA, Member for Burns Beach donated $500 for the Acquisition Awardees who received $250.00 each.
Media Production showcased their creativeness with their own video productions while the photography students displayed their work from this year in the Atrium.
The following students received awards for their work in 2020:
• Teacher’s Award – Aoife McGonagle
• Audience Award – Emilo Estrella
• Teacher’s Award –
• Audience Award –
The Drama production featured our Year 11 and 12 Drama students who wrote and produced all their own performances with some engaging original works showcasing theatre through the ages.
On Tuesday, 8 September, we were given an insight into our Year 11 and 12 Dance students talents. It was wonderful to see the Year 10 Dance students from Kinross College included in the show again.
The following Dance Awards were given out at the end of the Dance Showcase:
• MSC Top Dancer Award for 2020 - Emily Parry
• 11 General Dance Class 1 - Dancer to Watch - Lottie Nimm
• 11 General Dance Class 2 - Dancer to Watch - Scarlett Bedworth
• Top of Year 11 General Dance =-Jade Seymour
• 11 ATAR Dancer to Watch - Maddy Parker
• 11 ATAR Top of Subject - Jay-Kay Davies
• 12 General Dance - Dancer to Watch - Steven Davies
• 12 General Dance - Combined Class - Dancer to Watch - Chloe Ashton
• 12 General Dance Top of the Subject - Faye Stott
• 12 ATAR - Dancer to Watch - Emily Semmens
• 12 ATAR - Top of Subject - Emily Parry
Music night was held on Wednesday, 9 September which was a fabulous finale for the week with the Year 12 students performing their original songs from the CD ‘Marmalade Jams’ that they produced.
A copy of the CD can be purchased from the College Reception for $12.00 each.
All events on each night were well supported by students, staff, parents and friends.
The special guests who attended over the three nights are to be acknowledged for taking the time to attend the events and view the students work:
Prof. Steve Chapman - College Board and ECU Vice Chancellor
Mr Wrolf van Munster, Vice Chair College Board
Mrs Sue Egerton - College Board
Mrs Susan Kinsella – College Board
Mr Mike Gilbert – College Board
Mrs Sarah Zimmer – College Board
Mr Mark Folkard MLA - Member for Burns Beach
Mr Bob & Yvonne Cotton - Cambrai Village
Mr David & Mary Smith - Cambrai Village
Mrs Lenore Grieve & Mrs Maureen Crafter – Cambrai Village
Mr Jaxon Barclay – Kinross College Drama Teacher
Ms Natasha Nicholson - Kinross College Dance Teacher
© 2020 Mindarie Senior College