MSC has partnershipped with the initiative of Act-Belong-Commit which have the guidelines for promoting positive mental health by providing a simple approach everyone can adopt to become more mentally healthy.
Mentor time will see these guidelines understood encouraged by our students and staff.
Our Mentally Healthy Schools Program provides a framework to embed Act-Belong-Commit within the classroom, school environment and whole school community to boost the mental health and wellbeing of students and staff and prevent the onset of mental health problems.
The program aims to:
• Encourage young Western Australians to adopt mentally healthy behaviours early in life
• Build resiliency so they can cope better with problems and stress
• Reduce stigma around mental illness and increase openness about discussing mental health
• Build the capacity of school staff to create mentally healthy school environments
• Foster partnerships between schools and their communities.
If you would like more information on Act, Belong, Commit please click on the logo below to be taken to their website.