This course is delivered through an auspicing arrangement with Skills Strategies International, RTO 2401
- Qualification Code - FNS 20115
- General Pathway
Estimated Cost: $60.00
This qualification is intended to meet the financial literacy and basic financial skill needs of new entrants wishing to build potential pathways into the industry, particularly through VET in Schools programs.
Students will learn the basics of Saving Plans, Credit and Debt, Superannuation and Financial markets with the aim to increase student’s financial literacy.
The course aims to prepare all students for a future where they will need to identify possibilities and create opportunities within a business and personal environment. It provides students with the ability to make sound and ethical financial decisions based on critical thinking, in line with their own and societal values. The course equips students to proactively participate in the dynamic world of finance, behave responsibly and demonstrate integrity in financial services.
Key concepts covered include understanding:
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- FNSINC301 Work effectively in the financial services industry
- FNSFLT202 Develop and use a savings plan
- FNSFLT203 Develop knowledge of debt and consumer credit
- FNSFLT204 Develop knowledge of superannuation
- FNSFLT205 Develop knowledge of the Australian financial system and markets
Minimum Entrance Requirements
C Grade in Year 11 Accounting and Finance desirable