Based on 2018 pricing and subject to change. See Additional Cost Item Information Sheet for additional costs.
The Music course syllabus is designed around four key outcomes.
• Students apply musicianship skills, techniques and conventions when performing. This can involve playing from notation, from memory, improvising, playing by ear and the application of sound/production and technology.
• Students engage in the creative process of composing, arranging and transcribing music via notation, technology and/or improvisation.
• Students respond to, reflect on, and evaluate music. Students engage with the literature, music scores and recorded legacy of music through activities including aural and score analysis.
• Students understand how social, cultural and historical factors shape music in society.
• Aural and theory
• Composition and arrangement
• Cultural and historical perspectives
• Students receive professional tuition once a week during college time on their primary instrument
The following instruments are taught at the College: Voice, Guitar, Bass and Drums. Three years’ experience on one of these instruments is desirable. Other instruments may be considered if negotiated with the teacher. Keyboard lessons are not provided.
Year 12 - CUA20615 Certificate II in Music Industry
© 2019 Mindarie Senior College