A CASIO CAS calculator is required for this course.
- Course Code - AEMAM
- University Pathway
Estimated Cost: $50.00
Based on previous years pricing and subject to change.
This course focuses on the use of calculus and statistical analysis. The study of calculus provides a basis for understanding rates of change in the physical world, and includes the use of functions, their derivatives and integrals, in modelling physical processes.
The study of statistics develops students’ ability to describe and analyse phenomena that involve uncertainty and variation.
The Mathematics Methods ATAR course aims to develop students’:
- understanding of concepts and techniques drawn from algebra, the study of functions, calculus, probability and statistics
- ability to solve applied problems using concepts and techniques drawn from algebra, functions, calculus, probability and statistics
- reasoning in mathematical and statistical contexts and interpretation of mathematical and statistical information, including ascertaining the reasonableness of solutions to problems
- capacity to communicate in a concise and systematic manner using appropriate mathematical and statistical language
- capacity to choose and use technology appropriately and efficiently.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
A grade in Year 10 Mathematics and considerable algebraic understanding and skills.
Year 12 - Mathematics Methods ATAR
Course Code ATMAM