Based on 2018 pricing and subject to change.
The course focuses on the fundamental principles, concepts and skills within the field of computing and provides students with opportunities to develop flexibility and adaptability in the application of these, in the roles of developers and users.
Students who do this course will learn the following skills which will not only help them in Year 11 and 12 but also provide them with logical thinking to help them in the future. This is achieved through the use of computers and how they relate to small businesses operating today.
This course is ideal for all students but will assist students who are looking for a career in computers as well as those looking to go to university or into business.
This course provides students with practical and technical skills that equip them to function effectively in a world where these attributes are vital for employability and daily life in a technological society.
Some of the key concepts include:
• Identifying hardware and software components as they are related to networks and industry
• Types of operating systems
• Producing various data bases
• Build simple networks
• Maintenance of computers
• Different types of business systems
• Building prototypes
• The System Development Life Cycle
• Simple algorithms and programming using Python including the Python Challenge
• Social and ethical concerns regarding computers in today’s society
C Grade in Year 10 English and Mathematics
Year 12 - Computer Science ATAR
Course Code ATCSC
© 2019 Mindarie Senior College