This year Mindarie Senior College will be offering a number of scholarships, in Mathematics and Science, in Humanities, in The Arts, in Outdoor, Health & Physical Education and in Technology & Enterprise for students in Year 11.
Mindarie Senior College is a state of the art College catering for students in years 11 and 12. The college has sweeping ocean views and outstanding facilities including a Cafe` and modern fitness centre witha purpose built aerobics floor, modern laboratories and an Arts centre that boasts a modern performing arts area, multi media facilities including a television and music recording studios and a visual arts section with ceramics and painting studios.
The Humanities Learning Area offers;
- All Stages for English and Society and Environment courses; and
- Participation in inter-school competitions e.g. debating,
SCHOLARSHIP VALUEThe value of the awarded scholarship will be to a maximum of $1000 over the two years a student is at Mindarie Senior College. This money can be used for;
- School charges and books for the academic year;
- Purchasing uniform; and
- Equipment relevant to chosen discipline. (e.g. excursions and competitions etc).
- WRITTEN APPLICATION - To be completed on the application form and to include school reports from semester two year 9 and semester one year 10 and the name of a Humanities teacher prepared to act as a phone referee;
- A list of the Humanities courses you wish to study in 2011 at Mindarie Senior College;
- Portfolio of six pieces of work, representing you ability in English and Society and Environment. At least one of the English pieces should be analytical in nature.
- Answers to the questions;
- What do you see yourself doing after year 12?
- Why do you wish to complete your post-compulsory education at Mindarie Senior College?
- How do you feel that you can contribute to the life of the college?
For a copy of The Humanities Scholarship Application Form, click here.