- Course Code - ATMAS
- University Pathway
Estimated Cost: $50.00
A CASIO CAS calculator is also required for this course
This course MUST be studied with Mathematics Methods. It cannot be studied as a stand-alone course.
The Mathematics Specialist course provides opportunities, beyond those presented in the Mathematics Methods course, to develop rigorous mathematical arguments and proofs, and to use mathematical and statistical models more extensively.
The Mathematics Specialist course aims to develop students’:
- understanding of concepts and techniques drawn from combinatorics, geometry, trigonometry, complex numbers, vectors, matrices, calculus and statistics
- ability to solve applied problems using concepts and techniques drawn from combinatorics, geometry, trigonometry, complex numbers, vectors, matrices, calculus and statistics
- capacity to choose and use technology appropriately
- reasoning in, and interpretation of, mathematical and statistical information
- capacity to communicate in a systematic manner using appropriate mathematical language
- ability to construct proofs.
Minimum Entrance Requirements
Successful completion of Year 11 ATAR Mathematics Specialist
The course will lay the foundations for future studies in quantitative subjects at a tertiary level.