- Qualification Code - ICT20115
- Non-University Pathway
Estimated Cost: $90.00
This course is offered under the auspice of the Australian Institute of Commerce and Technology (RTO 2058).
This course provides foundation computing and digital media skills. After learning how to use computer operating systems and hardware, students will develop skills in the use of various software applications and gain an understanding of how to work effectively in an IT environment. The course develops computer package skills and professional practice.
Units of Competency
- Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- Operate application software packages
- Use computer operating systems and hardware
- Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practises
- Operate a digital media technology package
- Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes
- Install and optimise operating systems
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practises
- Maintain inventories for equipment, software and documentation
- Apply problem-solving techniques to routine malfunctions
- Maintain IT equipment and consumables
- Install software application packages
Minimum Entrance Requirements
C grade in Yr 11 General Computer Science desirable.